Saturday, November 08, 2008

Plus Five

I'm feeling more like myself again today... I don't know why I keep on getting caught off guard my these 'off' days. More often than not, as soon as I've (a) had a nap, and (b) had something to eat, Lindsay starts to peek through again.

And let me say, I am the world's biggest advocate for prenatal yoga. I've been having so much discomfort in my back and my hips this week, but I spent an hour this morning and three hours yesterday doing yoga and concentrating on poses that I knew would focus the stretching on those areas. That, combined with the forced relaxation and breathing, must have done the trick because I feel *so* much better.

I'm hanging in there, and I had a *much* better sleep last night. Briony's still kicking and wiggling away in there, so I know she's okay. I spent some time on the phone with Kari-Ann this morning, who is always my very best reality check (it helps that she went almost two and half weeks overdue with Scarlett this past spring). I just keep on thinking how very, very blessed we are that we're able to have a child and that I'm able to be pregnant at all - it just seems so ridiculous to complain about being pregnant for an extra week when there are women I know and love who would give anything for this experience.

I really want to be outside and walking around, but it's snowy and slippery here - so Geoff and I are off to walk the mall again. I'm already counting down to my Starbucks fix :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At November 08, 2008 1:58 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

That's a great perspective! Plus, one week overdue in the big picture isn't very much time at all.

 
At November 08, 2008 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep walking the mall - and may I suggest a few cups of raspberry leaf tea? The combo that worked for me was dancing around to Felix Navidad by Boney M and then, eh-hem, some bedtime action with the hubby. Good luck - can't wait to hear the news!

 
At November 09, 2008 12:26 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 09, 2008 12:27 AM, Blogger Tannis said...

Oops, post under Jeremy by accident...

Damn hormones. The ups and downs drove me nuts (still do actually). I'm used to being a lot more even keel.

 
At November 09, 2008 10:22 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Heather - Yeah... All of the above, plus spicy food and hours a day spent bouncing on my exercise ball. I don't think she wants to come out. Ever :)

Tannis - That's awesome to hear. It makes me feel significantly less crazy.

 
At November 09, 2008 6:15 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

I was hoping that the lack of Plus Six meant that you were in the hospital, but I see by the date and time from your comment that wasn't the case.

Hang in there, girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home