Monday, October 06, 2008

Nine Months

I can't believe that we're here already. Today, I hit the 36 week mark, and I'm officially full term. It seems like we just found out that I was pregnant... And here we are, basically ready to go and just waiting for these Braxton-Hicks contractions to turn into the real thing.

How I'm Feeling:
Happy. Round. Excited. Nervous. Emotional. Tired.

New Stuff Last Month:
- Feeling some baby hiccups (super weird)
- The beginning of Braxton-Hicks contractions (kind of unnerving)
- Some swelling in my ankles and fingers by the end of the day
- Two baby showers with my friends
- Outgrowing some of my maternity clothes
- More weekly Prenatal Yoga classes (becoming increasingly awkward)
- Lots of progress on the nursery, now almost complete
- Maternity photo shoot with Anja
- Meeting our obstetrician, Dr. Best
- Four more days of work... not that I'm counting :)

What's On Mommy's Mind:
Everyone told me that - by the time I hit nine months - I'd be begging someone to induce labour. I don't feel like that at all.

Sure, I have moments when I'm incredibly uncomfortable. But I'm not finished being pregnant yet. I love being pregnant (who knew!). I love feeling you move around inside of me, and carrying you with me everywhere I go. I love feeling like every part of my body is doing what it was made to do, growing this baby so that you're strong and healthy, and adapting so that I'll be able to take good care of you. I love feeling so totally connected to you, and being able to .

Don't get me wrong... I'm totally excited to finally meet you. I've just been enjoying this slow process of getting to know you, and I can't believe that it's almost over. Soon, I'll absolutely and undeniably be your mommy.

We're almost ready for you to come home. Your nursery is very close to finished now. It's peaceful and bright and beautiful and everything we hoped it would be. I've been spending so much time in there - adding things for you and for us, sitting in the chair, and reading some of the books that are sitting there waiting for you. It's my favourite room in our house, and I'll love it even more once you're here.

You have no idea how much we love you already, and how excited we are that you're coming. We can't wait for our little family to become three people. You are so wanted, so anticipated, and so loved.



Psst! Click on the 'Month By Month' tag below to view past updates and belly pictures.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 06, 2008 10:44 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Awww Lindsay, I've really enjoyed these posts. It's so great that you've posted all the new and exciting and even some nervous feelings each month. What a treasure!

I also wanted to say how sorry I was that I missed the shower. It was an insane week of training that went late most days and I was just so exhausted at the end of it all. I thought of you all day on Friday and wished I could have made it! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time :)

 
At October 07, 2008 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful. Are you going to print these posts out and make a book as a keepsake? Your baby is looking beautiful!!!

 
At October 07, 2008 8:51 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Tear jerking, sweet post Lindsay!

But, am I the only one who is giggling because you married Mr.Wright and are now having your first baby delivered by Dr.Best? Nothing but perfection for Lindsay ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home