Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Feeling Green

I don't know about you, but money scares me a little bit. It falls into the 'necessary evils' category. It's the source and the cause of so much tension and so many broken relationships, but it's also a tool that can literally change the world - in a good way. It's that balanced place in between where I want to live... Where I have enough money to have what I need, and enough to share with those who don't.

It was scary to watch the stock market crash yesterday. It's happened before, and it will happen again. But it made me so sad for the people who have literally built their lives around their money. They lost everything they had yesterday. For me, it was a powerful reminder to store my *true* treasure somewhere else and invest in people.

This actually made me tear up this morning. Here's the Top 10 most-read articles list from today's New York Times:

1. Your Money: ‘Is My Money Safe?’ and Other Questions to Ask
2. Shortcuts: Job Hunting Is, and Isn’t, What It Used to Be
3. House Rejects Bailout Package, 228-205; Stocks Plunge
4. Everybody’s Business: In Financial Food Chains, Little Guys Can’t Win
5. The Media Equation: Daring to Say Loans Made No Sense
6. Citigroup Buys Bank Operations of Wachovia
7. Behind Insurer’s Crisis, Blind Eye to a Web of Risk
8. For Stocks, Worst Single-Day Drop in Two Decades
9. News Analysis: In Bailout Vote, a Leadership Breakdown
10. Novelties: Do I Hear 4%? On This Site, Banks Bid for Your Cash

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 30, 2008 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Overheard in my credit union this AM, "This would be a good time to have no money"...I guess referring to losing it. My vote is with you...invest in people, not stocks.
Glad things are getting sorted with your Mom and her port.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home