Monday, September 29, 2008

It Was A Very Good Year

Tomorrow is September 30, which marks one year to the day since Lindsay Hildebrandt married Geoffrey Wright. Can you believe it?! In so many ways, it feels like yesterday. And in so many more, it feels like we've just always been together.

I loved our wedding. It was not extravagant, but it was beautiful. It was exactly what we wanted it to be, and we spent the day surrounded by the people we love - there's really nothing we would change about it. The wedding (and our honeymoon trip to Greece and England in November) was a very special way for us to begin our new, shared life together - which was really the point of the whole extravaganza anyway. Honestly, my very favourite part about getting married was just being married, and all the little everyday things that we began to share.

It's been an intense first year. But I can say absolutely that it's been a good one. I'm happy every single day that I chose Geoff to be my husband - and that he chose me to be his wife, a role that I don't think has come very naturally to me. So much has happened in our lives over the past twelve months - most significantly, my mom's cancer and the imminent arrival of our baby girl. I don't pretend to understand God's plan or his timing, but I know that even on the scariest days, I have felt an undercurrent of absolute peace and joy. I can't imagine doing any of this without Geoff beside me. He loves me so much more than I deserve to be loved. He's an incredible husband. And he's going to be an amazing father.

I did some digging today and found a copy of our vows. I can't think of any better way to end this first anniversary post (other than sharing a few obligatory 'aw, remember our wedding?' pictures).

Geoff, I love you. You are my best friend.
Today, I gladly choose to become your wife.
I promise to encourage and support you, to laugh with you,
and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.
I will stand beside you in good times and in bad,
on days when our love is simple, and when it is an effort.
I will respect your talents and your passions,
and support you as you pursue all of your goals and dreams.
I promise to cherish you, respect you, and be faithful to you always.










Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At September 29, 2008 7:19 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

Aw... congrats guys!!! Have a great day tomorrow!

Love you!

 
At September 29, 2008 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those photos will help everyone to remember the beautiful bride and bridesmaids, the handsome groom and groomsmen but most of all the lovely occasion that marked the public milestone celebrating the life together that you both share. Congratulations!

 
At September 29, 2008 9:35 PM, Blogger Jolene said...

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy flipping through memories of that special beginning.

 
At September 29, 2008 10:06 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

CONGRATULATIONS Lindsay - sure looks like you found your one true love, your soul mate, your friend. I am so happy for you. You guys have been through so much this year and it sounds like it's just made your love stronger. You go girl!

Hoping things start to go right with your mom soon.

 
At September 29, 2008 10:06 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

CONGRATULATIONS Lindsay - sure looks like you found your one true love, your soul mate, your friend. I am so happy for you. You guys have been through so much this year and it sounds like it's just made your love stronger. You go girl!

Hoping things start to go right with your mom soon.

 
At September 30, 2008 8:27 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Congrats Linds & Geoff! We are so happy for you guys.

 
At September 30, 2008 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm going to go get out the wedding album and get sentimental. What an awesome wedding day a year ago but the living this past year made the marriage. Have a great date tonight. You have much to celebrate. Love you both so much.

 
At September 30, 2008 9:42 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Happy anniversary!

 
At September 30, 2008 10:18 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

I can't believe it's been a year already! Congratulations! Have a WONDERFUL anniversary!!!

 
At September 30, 2008 10:52 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Congrats!

 
At October 01, 2008 10:42 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Have been meaning to comment a bunch, but haven't had time. Sooo ... happy belated anniversary! The pics are lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home