Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Smile



May it never be said that I can't keep a secret...

Today, Cocoon's best-kept secret of the summer is out there, baby. Our newest brand launch - Curve 94.3 - hit Winnipeg airwaves this morning at 08.45. Go check it out! It's a pretty awesome station. And I'm not just saying that because we worked on it - it's seriously my new favourite radio station.

The format is 'pop alternative' which probably won't mean much to you until you listen to it, because it's the only radio station of its kind in North America. They launched with MIA, and they have bands like Daft Punk, Nirvana, Coldplay, Kanye West, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Amy Winehouse, Pearl Jam, No Doubt, and Weezer on their playlist. I'm a happy, happy girl.

Enjoy 943 glorious songs in a row this Long Weekend :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At August 29, 2008 2:28 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Nifty. Here's the link for those of us without access to the Winnipeg airwaves.

 
At August 29, 2008 4:01 PM, Blogger Amber said...

It's my new favourite too! With no bias either of course...hehe

 
At August 30, 2008 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm going to have to check it out. Dang it that my radio in my car doesn't work. I guess I'll have to listen to it elsewhere. Have a great long weekend...see you on Monday (Yeeee!!!).

 
At August 31, 2008 1:58 PM, Blogger gloria said...

my husband, who is the biggest radio station critic out there, says this new station is "pretty good so far" (to put this in perspective, the guy has sirius AND XM satellite in his truck so that he has the right amount of options)

 
At September 02, 2008 8:34 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Finally! I've stopped listening to the radio altogether because I HATE pop/hip hop.

Always been, always will be an alternative girl.

Long live Pearl Jam!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home