Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Seven Months

Okay. So Month Seven is almost officially over. But I've been busy :)

So I'm for-real pregnant now. Not that I wasn't before... But it's just that I feel really pregnant now. Some days, I feel - and look - really, REALLY pregnant. And my coworkers love to remind me of that (often, and usually accompanied by no-fatties-allowed jokes). One of my former clients stopped by our office last week and screamed when she saw me - before proceeding to absolutely maul my pregnant belly.

Baby is perfect, as always. She's kicking away and developing some impressive-feeling kung fu skills. I'm glad that she's happy in there, because this Mama-to-be has been a little less so out here. My arthritis / fibromyalgia seems to be back, and it's putting a bit of a damper on everything - even though I'm fighting against it as hard as I can.

How I'm Feeling:
Emotional. Large. A little bit tired. Excited. Wanting to buy lots of things that are tiny and cuddly and pink. Full of anticipation.

New Stuff Last Month:
- Another ultrasound (and lots of pictures)
- Finding out that Baby is a GIRL! with a NAME!
- Incessant kicking, often visible from the outside a la Alien
- My first significant weight gain (sigh...)
- Prenatal yoga classes at Moksha
- The return of my arthritis / fibro symptoms
- An achy, stretchy feeling on the sides of my stomach
- Heartburn (ew)
- Glucose test (double ew)
- Really wanting to meet Baby soon (but not *too* soon)

What's On Mommy's Mind:
Baby, you really surprised me this month. I thought that I was pretty tough and under control, but seeing you on that ultrasound and hearing the words out of the technician's mouth that you were a girl... I'm pretty sure that - if we'd moved the ultrasound wand any higher - they would have discovered that my heart had melted into a great big puddle in my chest.

The night after the ultrasound, I completely broke down crying. It sounds so silly, but I was crying because I missed you. I loved spending an hour with you, seeing you moving around on the screen and watching you react to every poke at my stomach. And then I knew that I needed to say goodbye, that we wouldn't see you again until you're born in November. And it made me cry. I'm just so fascinated by you, and I want to get to know you.

It was so much fun to make the phone calls and let everyone else who loves you know that we're adding a baby girl to our family. And it was a really special moment the first time your Daddy and I could call you by your name. Last week, we made the decision to share that name with family (and anyone who asks). It was just getting too hard to keep it a secret, because you're not 'Baby' around our house anymore :)

Since then, we've picked up a bunch of baby girl things to help get ready for you to come and live with us - some clothes and books that I'd been looking at, but hadn't bought for you yet. I picked out some of my favourite girly books - 'The Paper Bag Princess' and 'Big Sarah's Little Boots' - and some little shirts and dresses (not ALL pink, but some of them).

You have no idea how much we love you already, and how excited we are that you're coming. We can't wait for our little family to become three people. You are so wanted, so anticipated, and so loved.



Is anyone else super-amused by the fact that these obligatory belly shots are getting sloppier and sloppier? We're down to pyjamas. I'm not really sure how we can go lower than that... Stay tuned! :)

Pssst! Click on the 'Month By Month' link below to view past updates.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At August 26, 2008 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is "Baby's" name?

 
At August 26, 2008 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now you have me all teary eyed. I love reading your "love letter" to your baby girl. And I know EXACTLY what you mean about missing her after the ultrasound. It's amazing what seeing that little angel inside of you does to your heart and emotions!

 
At August 27, 2008 10:11 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Hehe, silly question - but prompted by the PJ photo...have you worn your sweats in public yet?

PS: I also second what Erin had to say, about being all teary-eyed. I was also curious about Baby's name, but you answered that already (it's perfect!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home