Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bonus Day

Last night, Em and Paul came to hang out. We had planned on checking out the Jazz Festival, but it was raining - so we went to go see 'Get Smart' instead. Not really the same as the Jazz Festival... But we all really liked it. Brainless summer movie, PLUS it was about spies. What can you really complain about there? :)

And then I had an unexpected pleasant surprise in the form of some sushi-related food poisoning. It wasn't so pleasant for Geoff, the recipient of the food poisoning (thank goodness I'm off raw fish!). He had to leave work early last night - about 15 minutes into his 12 hour night shift - and felt pretty awful.

But it also meant that he was home (and awake) today, and could join me on my planned baby shopping adventure. And that was great news for both of us, because it really feels like we've been dealing with opposite work schedules for a while now. It was a Bonus Day :)

Here's what we accomplished:

We looked at dressers / change tables, but didn't find anything we were happy with. Too picky, I suppose. But we also know that we have lots of time to find the perfect piece.

We browsed through a bunch of glider options and I found one that I fell absolutely head-over-heels in love with... The catch is that it was more than double what we'd budgeted for that purchase. Oops. Not too sure yet what we're going to do about that. (It's the Syncro, here).

Sears had all their baby stuff on ridiculous sale this week - including 20% off their organic Piccolo Bambino stuff - so I bought a hooded towel, a couple of washcloths, and a blanket. All pretty ivory organic cotton with bears. Awww.



We test drove a hundred thousand different strollers and travel systems, and found one that we like - but I wanted to do some online research and safety checks before we committed to anything. This is the one we're leaning towards right now.


And Costco had diapers and wipes on sale, so we now officially own both. Crazy.

After all of that, we headed back home so that Geoff could have a nap, and I went for a walk down Academy. Decaf coffee beans from Cornelia Bean. Organic whole grain pasta from Stephen & Andrew's. And another visit to 9 Boutique (I love it there sooo much) - where I found two great new maternity tops that should help get me through my millions of client meetings scheduled for the next three weeks. And one of them was only $9.99! We won't talk about how much the other one was. Let's just say that Lindsay's Shopping Math kicked in, and we were happy with the average :)

And now, Lindsay is enjoying a quiet Saturday night in. I took myself out for ice cream (mmm) and I'm alternating between reading a lovely new book and watching a So You Think You Can Dance rerun. Kind of perfect, actually. I'm not sure when I turned into this person, being all-consumed with baby stuff and loving a Long Weekend totally devoid of plans. But I'm pretty okay with it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 29, 2008 8:43 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

I love those organic cotton towels! And i know what you mean about a bonus day - they are few and far between in my house so I cherish them when they come.

 
At June 29, 2008 6:24 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

Tell Geoff that Kev and I both hope he feels better! Your stuff is super cute! --Kev and I are planning on getting the EXACT same stroller though.... hmmm... maybe you can buy it first, and then we'll just sneak into your house and write our names on it first! hee hee.

 
At June 29, 2008 7:55 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Crystal - Thanks! And hooray for Bonus Days.

Jess - Geoff's totally recovered now, thank goodness. And the stroller thing is your decision, I guess. We don't really have a choice because it's the only one we've found in all our research that I can manage on a bad fibro day :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home