Saturday, May 24, 2008

Spa Day

Today, Emily and I booked ALLLL afternoon with Darcie at Tiber River on Academy. From 1 til 6, we enjoyed pedicures and french manicures and Cornelia Bean tea and massage chairs and lots of talking and just general girly goodness. It was *exactly* what I needed this weekend. It's amazing how much a good mani/pedi - and time with friends - can fix.

It's been kind of a tough week. I'm feeling really overwhelmed with all the details of life: hearing Baby's heartbeat for the first time, getting the results from my mom's latest surgery, starting to transition my clients to other people, and other less bloggable struggles. It's been emotional. But it's good. I can feel that I'm moving toward goodness, that I'm going to end up in a very good place. It just sucks that sometimes we need to wade through all of THIS STUFF to get there.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 25, 2008 5:20 PM, Blogger it's a gong show... said...

so true.

 
At May 25, 2008 9:35 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

I missed you singing today. Not in a preachy, holier-than-thou way; I was just really looking forward to pharoah, pharoah-ing with you.

Hope you had a restful day.

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home