Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Feeling Like a Mama...

Geoff and I just got home from my latest prenatal appointment, where we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Ohhhhh my god. It made me feel so melty and cheesy, I had to try really hard not to cry. There's a baby in there! OUR baby.

Even Geoff said that it felt like a shot of adrenaline when he heard the tiny thumping of a heartbeat. I cried when we got back to the car. It just makes this so undeniably real.

That, and the fact that I gained weight this month... :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At May 20, 2008 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it that you're totally turning marshmallow! It's awesome!

 
At May 20, 2008 12:35 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

What an incredible moment and so glad that you two could share in it!

 
At May 20, 2008 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never tired of hearing that sound.

 
At May 20, 2008 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so surreal, isn't it? I loved that part of my appointments. It just made the whole thing feel like it was really happening (until baby starts kicking you in the ribs...that helps too). : )

 
At May 20, 2008 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so special:) God did a good thing when he planned 9 months preparation for parenthood:)

 
At May 20, 2008 9:09 PM, Blogger gloria said...

love that the boy went along with you, mine always did too, somehow managing to convince his boss he needed to deliver to wpg those days

 
At May 21, 2008 3:43 PM, Blogger ka said...

Oh, I miss the little heartbeat... Wait'll the little kicks start, Don't get me wrong - LOVE having a bit of a waist back and an adorable baby (she's sleeping right now :), but I do miss Junior a little bit. Hey, after 9 months you grow a little attached!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home