Monday, May 12, 2008

The Case of the Missing Groove

Argh. I cannot seem to find my groove today. My zone. My sweet spot. My happy place where I can plow through a massive to-do list like Godzilla in a trailer park.

Instead, I am sitting here and compiling a list of excuses:
- It's eight degrees and raining outside
- I feel like I'd be doing more good for society at home with my mom
- I have no looming deadlines, so I'm missing my usual adrenaline
- The weather is making me achy and tired
- Geoff's off today, and I'd rather be hanging out with him
- It's Monday
- We have less than three weeks to go until our vacation
- My hair is curly and frizzy and nasty today (see 'rain,' above)
- I'm wondering if Kari-Ann's currently in labour (hehe)
- I'm worrying that, if she is, I'll be forced to hear the details later (ugh)

Oh yeah, and I tried on about seventeen different outfits this morning, and every last one of them made me feel pregnant and disgusting. The pieces that covered my tummy and made me feel slightly less fat in the front are all maternity-length (to cover the ugly elastic at the top of my pants), and hit that magical place in the back that makes my ass resemble a Mac truck. And tailored blazers stop being the solution to all the world's wardrobe-related problems when it becomes painfully obvious that there is not amount of acrobatics in the world that can join those buttons with their matching button holes...

I finally settled on a combination that made me feel only quasi-disgusting, and put on a pair of my Sexy Heels. Hey, some days that's all a girl can do :)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At May 12, 2008 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do what you can and remember this too shall pass : ) Hope your week gets better than today has been! I'm going to settle in with a bottle of wine and some cheesecake and watch the Bachelor finale. That should make the day feel better.

 
At May 12, 2008 6:13 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Ooh, also on my agenda. Minus the wine. And the cheesecake :)

 
At May 13, 2008 8:30 AM, Blogger ka said...

Ooh, wine...

KA is STILL not in labour. But you WILL have to hear all the details about it when the time comes... Because I love you too much to lie to you. :)

 
At May 13, 2008 10:01 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

LOL!

 
At May 14, 2008 12:09 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

wondering...did the bachelor pick the "right" girl? I just watched the last 2 shows.....

 
At May 14, 2008 1:30 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Margaret - Between those two girls? Yes. Between ALL of the girls that were there in the first place? I don't know. Ah, the drama. This is precisely why it's a great show :)

 
At May 14, 2008 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were on Ellen today and said that from the first day they knew they were "meant to be together" but the bachelor dude said he had to pretend he was interested in all the girls. ? the chick seemed a bit flighty on Ellen today - did not come across as a person that had very deep thoughts or feelings about anything....except...herself. :) oh well.....reality tv.

did your friend Kari have her baby yet?

Margaret

 

Post a Comment

<< Home