Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Sweet Smell of Success

As my sister so eloquently stated yesterday, it's time to either (a) switch to stretchy pants, or (b) boycott the wearing of pants entirely.

Now, she is on sick leave. And I work five days a week. So boycotting pants *might* work for her, but not for me. And so, after work today, I headed over to the Gap to check out their maternity clearance sale.

I think that I should win a prize or something. Because for around $150, I walked away with:
- Jeans
- White Wrap Dress Shirt
- Black T-Shirt
- Black Tank Top
- Two Sweaters
- Dress

Seriously. And I followed the rules about sticking to basics and not trying to buy enough stuff to wear from now til October. I was pretty proud of myself! I never get deals on anything. So I may be bragging about this for a while... :)

Labels:

9 Comments:

At May 07, 2008 8:04 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I am impressed Lindsay - you did good. :)

 
At May 07, 2008 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! You got a good amount of stuff for that $150. I remember the agony of paying for maternity clothing. Too bad I hate all my maternity clothes after wearing them for 2 pregnancies or I'd offer to let you borrow some. But you are far to stylish to ever be seen in them. If I ever get pregnant again I'm buying all new clothing. I don't think third time is the charm. Second wasn't.

 
At May 07, 2008 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go:)

 
At May 07, 2008 10:30 PM, Blogger gloria said...

hooray!

 
At May 08, 2008 7:04 AM, Blogger ka said...

Boo to The Gap for shutting that store down. It's the only place I bought anything. But, at least I'm at the finish line (for this time around) and you did get a chance to experience a "tiny" bit of Gap maternity...

 
At May 08, 2008 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They had Gap maternity? Where? What?

That is a friggin' bargain, by the way!! Yay.

Mel

 
At May 08, 2008 10:05 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Mel - I KNOW. I had no idea it was there. I was in the regular Gap store @ Polo Park and scouring the racks for loose-fitting tops and dresses when a salesperson asked why I wasn't looking in Maternity. I gave them a totally blank look. And then their directed me to a secret little room off the back of the Baby Gap store, complete with its own dedicated fitting room. They are shutting down because their Canadian sales were disappointing... Um, you think?! Maybe because absolutely no one knows you're there? And there is no signage? I've bought bazillions of baby gifts at the Gap - and I USED TO WORK THERE - and I had no idea it existed.

 
At May 08, 2008 11:23 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Holy smokes, that is SO SWEET.

 
At May 08, 2008 12:57 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

ALL of them are closing? Sad times. We have a huge GAP maternity department here that I thought did killer sales as it isn't hidden away like yours. I bought all sorts when I was pregnant but got rid of most of it because I was sick of it after wearing it a whole pregnancy.

Awesome shopping on your part. Long live the stretchy waistband - during pregnancy at least :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home