Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom (and a mouse... shudder)

I took Friday off to spend the day with my mom. Good decision, Lindsay! We had a really good day - didn't do much, just sat around, watched TV and read a while, ate a little, and she napped while I got some editing done. I returned home to Winnipeg with Geoff in the evening (and watched Speed Racer... seriously, I deserve the Wife of the Month award for seeing Speed Racer AND Iron Man within a week of each other [though I'll openly admit to loving Iron Man]).

On Saturday, I headed back out to The Niv and had brunch with Emily (thank you again!) and then spent the rest of the weekend at my parents' place. Again, it was good. I picked up some groceries for them and made dinner (with lots of leftovers), then watched a hilarious John Oliver with my mom and my brother and made her giggle until she was screaming that her incision was going to burst open. Today, I got up and got a big batch of banana chocolate chip muffins in the oven, then spent time with my parents until I packed up and headed for home in the late afternoon.

It really didn't feel like I did much, but I know it made a difference to my mom. There wasn't much else we could do when she's busy recovering from surgery... It was a strange Mother's Day. Made even stranger by the fact that I received a Happy Mother's Day email from my mother-in-law, and a Mother's Day gift - a book on parenting - from my parents. So sweet :)

So after a busy weekend, I came home wanting to relax and instead - BLECH! - there is a mouse in a glue trap. Alive. Kind of wiggling and screaming. I had almost three hours to go until Geoff is home from work to deal with this - now less than an hour... Not that I'm counting. I'm reluctantly keeping an eye on our prisoner, but it seriously makes me want to puke. I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole. This is precisely why I got married.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 12, 2008 6:51 AM, Blogger ka said...

Having caught two mice in the last week, I hear ya girl. I use the clicker traps, but whatever. Though my super sleuth abilities *may* have figured out how they are getting into the house. If it is really true, I am amazed at myself, even...

Oh, and looks like we'll have our first *official* Mother's Day together next year. No baby yet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home