Thursday, May 08, 2008

Knew It Was Coming...

Ugh. This was inevitable, I'm sure.

I feel seriously lousy today. Yesterday too, actually. My fibro symptoms are nastier than they've been in months. And now is NOT a good time to be dealing with a flare-up. It's far from 'out of control' - but I'm feeling it in all my muscles and joints, and I have that absolutely ridiculous, lethargic exhaustion back - a crippling kind of tired that I can't describe to you unless you've lived with fibromyalgia. I am so frustrated and discouraged.

I made a decision to take tomorrow off work to go and spend time at home with my mom - which means that I only have half a day of work left this week. I think I can do it... Go Lindsay Go!

I'm reminding myself today of my decision to choose peace and light. Even when everything else feels like it's spinning out of control, my emotions and how I feel are things that are totally up to me. And so, I choose to trust that I have an amazing God who is in control of things that aren't up to me. I trust him with my mom, with my work, with my health, with my relationships, with this baby.

I've posted this quote before, but I love it, and it's been helping me get through this no good very bad week:
"When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly."
- Barbara J. Winter

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 08, 2008 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better, my dear. What a great quote.

 
At May 08, 2008 5:17 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

amazing quote - can i borrow it?

 
At May 10, 2008 9:56 PM, Blogger it's a gong show... said...

i've never heard that quote before and i absolutely love it.

God be with you my friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home