Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Why I'm Smiling Today

My mom is home, fed, drugged, and sleeping. And my dad is taking amazing care of her - which kind of gives me permission to relax a little and be at work and doing normal things today without feeling like a terrible person / daughter. I don't think he has any idea of the impact his dedication to my mom has on my life - now more than ever.

I've been secretly plotting a late afternoon trip to Starbucks ALL DAY, where I fully intend to cheat on my diet and indulge in a Caramel Machiato.

Gap Maternity is shutting down their Canadian locations. Which sucks, except for the tiny little detail that they have currently marked down EVERYTHING and plan to clear it out this month. Three cheers for cheap fat pants!

Headphones. I've been working in my own little world for hours, and hit some old school goodies on my playlist: Lisa Loeb, Oasis, and The Cranberries. It's making me pretty happy. How could it not?!

Also on my playlist today: Songbird by Eva Cassidy. It made me all teary and sentimental, because I can still hear Mel singing it when I walked down (up?) the aisle in September to marry Geoff. It was such a perfect song for such a perfect moment. And it made me think for the nineteen thousandth time that I married an incredible man with infinite patience for me.

Christine (my co-worker) found me an organic spinach-and-feta frozen pizza that I can eat AND tastes delicious. Sweet.

I am cruising through today's to do list, which makes me hopeful that Friday might actually be a day OFF - not just a day of working from Niverville via laptop and cell phone.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 07, 2008 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that answered my question : ) I'm so happy she's home.

Oh, those are some good tunes you are listening to. Every so often I have to pop in the Cranberries and reminisce!

One of these days when you hit Niverville, stop in and say hi.

 
At May 07, 2008 6:02 PM, Blogger gloria said...

I painted my whole daughter's room (the garishly bright one) to the tune of all 3 Cranberries CDs... i am sure the family was sick of hearing Zombie and No Need to Argue by the time i was done...

 
At May 08, 2008 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get my own tag?? I'm so honoured - don't know what to say. Sniff, sniff...

Mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home