Monday, January 21, 2008

I TOLD You I Was Normal!

So it's Day Two of my journey to get myself off of these stupid new meds. So far, I am NOT particularly impressed. I'm still dealing with nausea and a headache, plus I have the added bonus of starting to feel my fibromyalgia pain again. I think that's what you would probably refer to as 'the worst of both worlds.' But I'm at work and mostly functional, which is a positive step.

The good news that has come out of today is that I called for my test results from last week, and they all came back NORMAL. Like seriously normal. Like squarely in the middle of the normal range on every single test (yes, mom, even my hemoglobin - weird, hey?).

The best part is that they tested my sed rate - basically an indication in my blood of whether or not I have active arthritis in my body, based on how slowly or quickly my red blood cells settle to the bottom of a vial - and I came back at a level of 9 (normal is between 1 and 20). That's awesome, because it confirms that my arthritis is still in remission and that it is *only* fibro that we're dealing with here. I suppose it's kind of lousy, because arthritis is treatable and fibro isn't... But arthritis causes long-term damage, and fibro doesn't.

So at the end of the day, I've decided to be happy about it :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 21, 2008 10:43 PM, Blogger gloria said...

3 cheers for normal!

 
At January 22, 2008 12:45 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

In a weird way, that's totally encouraging. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home