Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Smile x 2

I've realized more than ever lately that my joy needs to come from within myself, not from the people around me. And so, instead of traipsing through the internet in search of something to post here that will make me giggle - I've drafted my very own Joy List (inspired by my cousin Jolene, who is so darn good at it). I put my own twist on it, though.

So more for my own benefit than anyone else's, here's my list of reasons why it's worth fighting through the ickiness I'm feeling today and choosing joy in this moment:

* Because I believe that life is worth living, and living fully. I'm not stalled out here, waiting for my 'healthy life' to begin again - this IS my life, and I'm living it right now.

* Because I have a job that I love, and I don't want to work from home indefinitely. I love being in our office and interacting with my goofy coworkers all day, every day. They make me laugh until my stomach hurts.

* Because Wellington Crescent in winter is just about the most beautiful place in the world, and I miss going for walks. (Though I hear it's ridiculously cold outside this week...)

* Because I have a whole list of countries left to explore, and I'll need to be healthier than this to do that.

* Because - eventually - I want to be a mom. And I want to be a GOOD mom. And that means participating, not just watching.

* Because I miss sitting around and laughing with Geoff about absolutely nothing. Everything has been so grown-up and serious lately - for good reason, but I miss just talking about our days without discussion of side effects and doctors appointments coming into the equation.

* Because I miss writing - for me, not for my job - and I'd love to get back into writing freelance articles, etc. And I'm just not creative when I feel like this.

* Because TV sucks right now during the writers' strike, and I'd much rather be going out and doing stuff with my friends :)

And speaking of Jolene and Miguel... They welcomed little Trinity Dawn into the world three days ago, and she's an absolute doll. SO very happy for you guys! :)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 18, 2008 12:07 PM, Blogger ka said...

You aren't missing A THING outside. My command start is on strike when it's this cold (which is sort of why I put it in in the first place, but whatever). So picture me in my flannel PJ pants this morning, The Boy's farm jacket and my Sorels trying to start the stupid thing. Which game me attitude. At 6:50 in the morning, I don't do well with attitude.

Oh. And then there were my dogs. Who peeked out of their house and then went back in, instead of coming over for their usual morning love and affection. They're smarter than I gave them credit for...

 
At January 18, 2008 1:45 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks, darling. I can always count on you for my reality checks :)

 
At January 18, 2008 7:37 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Joy List. Oh, and I second the motion that tv sucks right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home