Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Meanwhile, Back at the Office

Other than being mad, I'm still feeling sick. My overall pain level has dropped from an 8 or 9 to around a 5 or 6, which I'm pretty happy about. But the side effects from this new drug are ridiculous. I swear, I've developed every side effect on the list. And the nausea / dizziness / shakiness can get kind of dramatic. I've been on chemo meds before, and I don't think it's a stretch at all to compare how I've been feeling to that experience.

I'm back at work today, but Geoff is on standby to pick me up if this doesn't go well. I had to try, though. Every day is a little bit better, and it helps me feel normal to be at work and contributing to society.

The next big hurdle will be Friday. That's the day I'm supposed to double my dose. I've already talked to people at work about avoiding meetings on that day, so that I can easily make the call to work from home if I need to. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home