Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Update: Cold and Miserable Edition

Okay, so it's not quite as bad as that. But I don't think our thermometers have risen above -20 in over a week, and it's getting to be a little much. I appreciate the snow and all that, but this is starting to be a little bit ridiculous, especially in light of all our efforts to reverse global warming. And they wonder why Canadians are so slow to adopt new environmentally-friendly habits. On weeks like this one, I'm secretly a little bit tempted to treat my 'how to save the planet' books as a *reverse* how-to guide.

Friday night was nothing special. I ordered pizza, watched What Not to Wear (heckling mercilessly), and went to bed early-ish. Saturday, Geoff and I ran a few errands, got a random tree delivery (a late wedding gift from his friend), had Mel and Marc and Malakai over for coffee, had a brief emotional meltdown (I blame a long, stressful work week), and then went to Geoff's work Christmas party. Sunday was quiet. We went to Niverville to spend some time with my parents, then came home and pretty much crashed.

I had intended to work yesterday evening, but I could literally not keep my eyes open. My solution was to get up early and head into the office for 8 am. Ugh. It seemed so brilliant last night, but I was CURSING my plan this morning. Good thing I did, though, because I had a frantic client call at 8.30 am that I needed to get started on immediately. Which also meant that I didn't get done what I came in early to do. Sigh. Such is life.

Today's challenge is letting go of my feelings about a tagline we're proposing to a client that is grammatically incorrect (the tagline, not the client). I run into this situation with relative frequency - because advertising is not academics. But seriously. I had a physical reaction to this one. It just feels so WRONG.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 10, 2007 8:31 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oooh, can you share the tagline? Not long ago, I encountered something (sort of) similar in a client meeting.

Their tagline had a double entendre (not dirty, but negative) and I pointed out the fact that I thought of the negative connotation before the positive. They completely disregarded my professional opinion. It was tough to let go of (but I had to) and I still think of it when I hear their spots on air. Ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home