Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Update: Harry Potter Edition

So y'all know what the main focus of my weekend was. Geoff and I headed over to Polo Park after work to pick up a wedding present for Greg & Cathleen, and met up with Aaron, Cait, and Matt at Chapters later for Harry Potter Madness (see below).

Saturday was spent getting ready for the wedding, attending the ceremony at Assiniboine Park (HOT!), reading under an umbrella on the back deck all afternoon, attending the reception at Birdshill (HOT!), and then returning home to polish off the last 100 pages.

Yesterday, I made an appearance at church (you know you've been slacking all summer when people look surprised to see you there... LOL), had lunch with my parents and Jenni-Lynn, then spent the rest of the afternoon looking through old photo albums with my mom in an attempt to represent my childhood photographically at the wedding. It was a big project. Really, everything has felt like a big project lately because I'm still not feeling like myself.

I hate that I'm not myself right now - I feel like I'm missing out on so much of this incredibly happy summer - kind of observing instead of participating and I HATE THAT FEELING. Which is probably making me even more difficult to be around. Geoff is incredible. I have no idea how he still loves me. I've met someone with almost infinite patience, and an innate understanding of how to support me without babying me or doing things for me. I'm trying so hard, but I know that I'm not the person he fell in love with and proposed to right now. And the fact that he still smiles when he looks at me is a gift that I don't take for granted.

And in the middle of all of this, I had two very bright spots in my morning today - in the form of two emails from Emily and Anja. HAPPY SIGH. Everyone's home again this week. Anja and Kyle flew in over the weekend from their month in Paris, Switzerland, and London. And Emily files in from Pennsylvania tomorrow. I've been missing them both, and it's going to be good to catch up on all their crazy foreign adventures (and laugh at Anja, who ALWAYS comes home from visiting her family with a stronger accent again).

Not only was I missing my friends, I have officially survived an entire month of my four-month engagement in the absence of two out of my three bridesmaids. And in their absence, they trusted me to order dresses for them that they didn't have a chance to see ahead of time. Now THAT'S a true friend :)

I'm such a dork, but I'm just happier when all my friends are close by. (Hint... Kari-Ann... Morden is not close by...)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 23, 2007 12:49 PM, Blogger ka said...

Yes, but. At least someone was here to help you celebrate your birthday. Well, and Mel and a few others.

Though, some of us are jealous of summers off, and free accomondations in Switzerland.

Besides, if you'd just become a phone talker we'd be some much more in touch...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home