Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Making Progress (and a paragraph about jam)

Yeehaw! Nothing like a busy day of worrying about other things and other people to keep your mind off of how crappy you feel. Cocoon landed (count 'em) four new clients this week, which is more than enough to keep me focused. I have been breathing near-constant sighs of relief today that we're hiring a new Project Manager imminently.

Today wasn't quite as good as yesterday, but yesterday was light years ahead of the day before - so I'm still counting it as forward progress. I'm beyond exhausted, but I'm still able to concentrate and get work done. And for right now, that's good enough for me!

Looking forward to band practice tonight... It's been forever since I've seen those girls (and boys... can't forget the boys)! AND I'm making strawberry jam tonight. Well, I'm picking up the strawberry jam that my mom made today and has offered to donate to me. I'm planning to return the favour, though - I found a peach/blueberry jam recipe that I really want to try this weekend, and I'll happily send some their way.

I know... I am so cool. I recognize just how dorky all of this sounds - getting *excited* about making jam. Hey, I'm 26 now AND I'm getting married. I think I'm practically expected to make jam now.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 11, 2007 5:49 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I made jam and was very darn excited about it! It's a big thing. It's one more step on the journey of us becoming our mothers...yikes! Since I learned to bake buns this last year, I'm not sure what's left. Canning? Mm, no! Lots of hugs and thoughts and hopes that you feel better soon!

 
At July 12, 2007 8:29 AM, Blogger ka said...

People joke about the canned goods until they TASTE the canned goods.

You've seen my storage room. :)

 
At July 12, 2007 11:13 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I only joke about canning because I don't think I have the patience for it : ) If someone wants to can for me, I'd love that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home