Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back in Action (kinda)

Sorry, faithful blog readers. I've been MIA for nearly a week!

A couple of reasons for that:
(1) Work got even crazier and even busier. A few more new clients, and no amazing candidates from the first round of resumes and interviews for a new Project Manager - so 'imminent' is not looking so 'imminent' at the moment.
(2) A weekend OFF, which I very much enjoyed. Other than being sick for most of it. Which sucked, but kind of forced the whole 'weekend off' idea.
(3) I've been taking care of weddings details I'd been avoiding or procrastinating on. The good news is that *almost* everything that needs a decision will have a decision by the end of this week. Our invitation design is SO CLOSE to done, and it kind of takes my breath away - it's so incredibly perfect. This is the moment in life when cultivating a close friendship with a graphic designer / art director finally pays off - LOL.
(4) Finally managed to see Harry Potter last night. Enjoyed it. A lot.
(5) Actually went shopping for myself - and nothing wedding-related - which was kind of fun. Finally picked up the Amy Winehouse CD I'd been wanting forever, and a pretty sweet little black dress. The best part? I got a bunch of gift cards from people for my birthday, so I spent next to no money.
(6) Started pre-marital counselling with Geoff, which is super funny to me. Not sure why.
(7) Sketched out a thousand versions of a plan for the office/library in our new house, which is proving to be a gigantic, complicated project because of our (my) need for lots of shelving - in an oddly-shaped room. Picked paint colours for that room and our bedroom, but haven't gotten around to picking up paint or actually making it happen. Baby steps. We still have two and a half months.

It's ridiculous, but I'm still not feeling healthy. And tonight's another busy one: going for a quick hair cut and wedding consult, then whipping out to Steinbach to meet about flowers and centrepieces. Maybe tomorrow? :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 18, 2007 12:37 PM, Blogger ka said...

You know it's bad when I've posted twice and you haven't posted yet. I was starting to worry.

:)

 
At July 18, 2007 10:29 PM, Blogger gloria said...

ya for progress!

boo for illness!

LOL @ you struggling for the perfect design! Really? You?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home