Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Kinda About Our Daytrip To America

Spent a very quiet day yesterday just kind of hanging out. Marilyn and I visited for most of the morning, then when Geoff FINALLY woke up, we all went hiking at Rolley Lake. In the evening, Geoff and I went in search of ice cream - only to remember that everything was closed because of the long weekend. We settled for a couple of Half Baked ice cream bars (mmm...) at 7-11. Not quite as classy as the gelati we'd planned on, but very yummy.


Geoff and I hiking at Rolley Lake


Geoff and Marilyn (his mom, in case that's not obvious)

I actually fell asleep in the middle of The Colbert Report last night. Shocking, I know. I was just SO TIRED. We've been getting lots of exercise here, and between that and the rain - and maybe still a touch of jetlag - I have not been enoying my usual energy level.

Today, Geoff and his mom and I packed up and set out for Washington state. We had lunch at this funny little Mexican restaurant in Lynden, stopped at a grocery store so Geoff could find his dumb American breakfast cereals, then continued on to Bellingham. Shopped pretty much all afternoon (didn't do *too* much damage), then came back in time for a late dinner at home. Y'all will probably die of shock, but I actually managed to spend the least out of the three of us. Just a cute new sundress, a pair of jeans, a purse, and more pink tennis balls to add to my ridiculously girly collection of sports equipment. The pink ones I have are bright, and now these new ones are baby pink. I mostly just got them because I know how much it will disgust and irritate my dad when we play together at the lake. In all, less than $75 - there may be some Mennonite in me after all! Who knew :)

On the way, we stopped and took pictures of these incredibly funny wood carvings...


I was a little bit concerned about the chainsaw-wielding American bears (blame it on too much Colbert)


And it turns out I was right to be concerned, because they attacked Geoff quite savagely a few moments later

And we stopped at a dairy that makes their own ice cream, and I got a picture of myself enjoying it in front of the cows who so generously donated the key ingredient.


Thank you, American cows

A very fun and relaxing day. Tomorrow's going to be spent in Vancouver, though *someone* refuses to tell me what he has planned. HELLO. How am I supposed to know which shoes to wear?! :)

-

Oh yeah, I just checked out the unofficial results of today's vote on the Elections Manitoba website. And an official shout-out to the other 527 people in St. B who voted Green. Results aren't all in yet, but I don't really think we'll *quite* manage to pull it off this year ;)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 23, 2007 11:42 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I made the same trip in march - do all people from Abbotford take their guests to Bellingham to shop? hehe

Since most of Abbotsford is related to me I'm wondering what Geoff's parents names are - maybe I'm related to them..hehe

And..was the church Northview? I think most of my relatives attend there.

Enjoy BC and the rain - Meredith just got home from a week in Moncton and there was rain or snow for 7 days straight! (yes, that deserved an exclamation mark)

 
At May 24, 2007 2:22 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Secret plans??? Sounds fishy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home