Friday, May 18, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Something about leaving for a trip is always just a little bit unsettling. I love it. It's the perfect amount of controlled chaos in my freakishly well-planned-out little world.

I think that maybe it's just the anticipation of a change of scenery and a change of pace. Any change of pace is a positive change of pace when you're used to living life at 'advertising agency speed.' I always get borderline panic-attacky at the idea of leaving work behind for so long. Then I think, 'Lindsay, get over yourself. People can actually manage without you.'

I also get concerned about the grossly inadequate number of shoes I can fit into my suitcase. But that's another issue.

In any case, I think I'm ready to go. Bags are in my trunk. Vacation notes have been duly submitted and reviewed. Client have been notified. All that's left is to shut off my computer and step onto the plane (obviously, I also need to get myself to the airport - but that's Anja's job tonight). I'm exhausted. Getting ready to take a vacation is so much work. My brain is spinning so fast, frantically trying to figure out what I've forgotten to do.

All this running around will be worth it when I step off the plane tonight and Geoff is there. Even when I'm still in full-on chaos mode (often), there's something about his presence that calms me right down.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 19, 2007 10:03 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Have a safe and relaxing trip, Lindsay.

(I REALLY wanted to throw an exclamation point at the end of that because I'm saying it with extreme enthusiasm. But I have chosen to show restraint).

 
At May 19, 2007 10:42 AM, Blogger gloria said...

heck, where is she going?

 
At May 19, 2007 7:05 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

SHE is in BC for a couple of weddings and meeting Geoff's family :)

She made it here safely, she thinks his parents are very nice, and she is frustrated that no amount of hair products and ceramic straighteners can keep her hair from getting all wavy/curly/furry in this ridiculous climate :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home