Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Absence of Muse

So Geoff and I accidentally ended up at the My Chemical Romance concert this week. Long story, but basically, this amazing band - Muse - was supposed to be opening for them (we won't even comment on why MUSE was opening for MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE... anyway). They didn't. We found out a few weeks ago that they wouldn't be in Winnipeg after all. And so, we were left with some pretty wicked seats to a My Chemical Romance concert. After a little debate, we decided to go anyway - but we'd be going late because he was working and I had a class.

We got there a few minutes after the band started their set, and had to go through security. The security lady looked at my - in my pinstripes and heels - and smiled. 'We don't really need to check you, honey. Have fun.' A stop at the Tim Horton's kiosk netted similar results. As the lady there handed me my large double-double, she made a face and said, 'Sorry we don't sell Advil.'

At this point, I am pretty much panicking. Who the heck is at this concert?! We stepped inside and were immediately greeted by giant fireballs, a sea of screaming children, and a lead singer with a penchant for eyeliner, BAD tight pants, and jazz hands.

It ended up being pretty fun. But mostly just because I laughed hysterically through the entire thing. I don't know if I've ever felt so old.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 17, 2007 11:33 AM, Blogger gloria said...

.. reminiscent of U and me and the Emily Haines concert... quieter setting, but holy crap were we ever the oldest (and least stoned) people there!

 
At May 18, 2007 12:29 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I've had a couple of those experiences. Too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home