Monday, May 21, 2007

Mostly About The Wedding

Went to church with Geoff and his parents *early* yesterday morning. They have an 8.30 am service, which I find kind of strange... But it was a great church, and a really good message. I'm always so interested in attending new churches and seeing how they do things differently - for better or for worse. Their church is doing this whole series on why church is relevant in our lives, and yesterday we were talking about how it's critical to our personal spiritual growth.

The rest of the day was spent at Rob & Vicky's wedding.


Geoff and Rob

Rob and Geoff have been friends since they were young, and it was really great to finally meet him in person. It was a beautiful wedding at a country club in Langley. I took myself out to Stabucks in between the ceremony and the reception (Geoff was the best man, busy with pictures), and then Rob's family totally adopted me at the dinner. They were really great people - other than their time spent brainstorming why on earth I'm dating Geoff and how on earth he managed to convince me - LOL. The dance went LATE, and we didn't get back to Abbotsford until around 2 am.

I've been so impressed with everyone here so far. People are so genuinely excited to meet me, and are all making me feel so welcome. Which is great, because I'm excited to meet all of them too. I feel like I'm just kind of absorbing all of Geoff's context - these pieces of his family and his friends and his background that all make him into the person I've fallen in love with.

Hoping we might actually see the sun today... I feel absolutely soggy already. Not really ideal arthritis climate, that's for sure.


Geoff, Rob (the other groomsman), and Spencer (the ring bearer, and a total womanizer)


Me and Geoff (who wasted no time losing the jacket as soon as it was socially appropriate... despite the fact that it was FREEZING at the reception - BOYS)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 22, 2007 9:18 AM, Blogger gloria said...

It's nice to be loved and adored isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home