Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Me Time

This week's big challenge has been insomnia... I absolutely fantasize about sleep, the way a normal girl would about chocolate - or other things.

It's relatively common in people with fibromyalgia - and it's a vicious cycle, where lack of sleep results in more pain and fogginess during the day. The only meds that are available seem to either (a) last so long in the morning that I'm unable to work until afternoon, or (b) increase my pain-related symptoms. And so, I'm left to figure out my own solutions. I actually slept almost 6 hours last night, which was AMAZING - but not nearly enough. I was seriously cursing my alarm clock when it went about half an hour ago.

On a kind of related note, I read another Chronic Babe article today that gave ideas for how to do a better job of fitting it all in and making time for myself. This article has some really awesome suggestions - and a few tips that I'll likely be taking away and trying to incorporate this week.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 03, 2007 2:28 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Ah, sleep, the elusive but oh so necessary part of our lives. I don't even remember the 8 months of no sleep when I had Aidan. Foggy...can't function. My heart goes out to you! Now I'm all grumpy if I have to get up at 5:00 a.m. to tell Ella to stop singing. I'll pray for sleep for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home