Monday, April 02, 2007

Potato, Tomato, Church

Friday: Got my nails done at Riverstone (compliments of Ms. Pawich and her generous donation of a gift certificate to the Help Lindsay Feel Better Fund). Had a great experience, as usual. My nails always come out *perfectly* there, and this time was no exception.

Saturday: Went to the bank. Went grocery shopping. Went to pick up my laptop from the repair place. (Basically, a day full of errands and busyness.) Then spent the evening in with Geoff - made dinner and my potluck contribution for Sunday, and watched a movie.

Sunday: Went to church with Geoff (more comments on that below) in the morning. Potluck with friends from church in the evening.

Now the church thing is pretty interesting... Geoff and I believe pretty much the same things, and the churches we attend teach pretty much the same things - but they are so different. My church isn't really charismatic, but it feels completely *crazy* compared to his. It's really by-the-book and we sing all these hymns that I have never, ever heard of before (lead by a song leader).

It's funny because - at the end of the day - no one's right and no one's wrong. It's just two different ways to do church. There are things I like better about mine, and there are things I like better about his. They're just different.

But I must admit... I miss the drums :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At April 02, 2007 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And how many churches have you not yet visited in Winnipeg that would each have their own 'flavour'?!

 
At April 02, 2007 2:29 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Hundreds, probably... That's one of the things that I like about church. I used to think it was crazy that there were so many different kinds and flavours, but I've decided that it's a great thing. Everyone should be able to find something that fits and makes sense to them, without compromising foundational beliefs. People learn differently, and worship differently, and find encouragement in different environments and groups of people. We can believe the same things, but we can gather together in different ways.

 
At April 02, 2007 7:44 PM, Blogger ka said...

I love it when people here say, "Oh, it's at the Mennonite Church" which is always followed up by "Oh, which Mennonite Church?"

I don't even want to think about counting them all. It's one of the things I love about the Mennonites. If they don't like something, they don't have a big fight and settle the dispute. Instead they just branch off, create their own church and put themselves in charge of it.

Man. If only life could be like that. I could declare myself ruler of my own world. It would be AWESOME. :)

 
At April 02, 2007 11:22 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Darling, you ARE the ruler of your own world :P

It's part of your charm. At least, that's what you told me when I asked you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home