Monday, March 26, 2007

Ready to Fly

Friday: Spent the evening with Anja, shopping and having dinner and just enjoying some long-overdue girl time. Lovely, as always.

Saturday: Picked up The Boy. Lunch and groceries. Dropped off The Boy. Went into the office for a while. Moose game with Rocky - and it was a great game! We were down 3 - 0 going into the third, and ended up winning in a shootout.

Sunday: Breakfast with Emily, Rocky, Kathy, Greg, and Marie-Eve. Church. Em and I made a quick appearance at the 4-on-4 hockey tournament in Niverville, then spent the rest of the afternoon at her place. Hung out with Aaron and Cait in the evening, watching Family Guy in the hot tub. Drove home with Cait in the awful fog.

And suddenly, it's Monday again. And it's been a rough one so far. I woke up this morning in an incredible amount of pain, the kind that a hot shower and some yoga and painkillers did absolutely nothing to relieve. Scary. Here's hoping it will just be a single-day setback. It's so hard not to worry because I remember what it was like to live months on end full of days just like this one.

I used to have this quote on a bulletin board in my bedroom at home (one of those funny teenage bulletin boards full of pictures of friends and magazine cut-outs). It's been running through my head all morning, and it's bringing me hope to face this scary, scary day instead of crawling back into bed and hiding.

"When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly."
- Barbara J. Winter

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At March 26, 2007 10:18 AM, Blogger Erin said...

that is a great quote! hold strong, you'll make it and i'm praying!

 
At March 26, 2007 8:35 PM, Blogger esther said...

lovely quote...

 
At March 26, 2007 11:27 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Isn't it wonderful? It makes me feel so hopeful - because as much as I hate to admit it, I'm pretty weak on my own.

 
At March 31, 2007 9:34 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

hey lindsay,
i'm erin's aunt. I was wondering what you're on, or doing in the fibro arena. what's the reason that you don't have days on end of pain? It's been months since i've had more than one day at a time of "today was a good day"...

 
At April 01, 2007 2:06 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Hi Kathy! Welcome here :)

I think that if I knew the answer to that question, I'd be a verrrrrry popular woman. And probably rich too.

I'm still figuring this beast out. What works one day won't work the next. And my old tricks have NOT been working this week - I'm still far from feeling normal (and 'normal' is still far from feeling healthy). I'm in the middle of a no-sleep cycle right now... I haven't been able to sleep for more than a handful of hours in days, even though I'm drop-dead exhausted - one of the less-pleasant fibro symptoms that seems to have latched on. I'm giving it one more day before I resort to adding on nighttime drugs again (which I affectionately refer to as Rat Poison).

I'm totally willing to discuss some of my 'tricks' with you, and I'd love to hear what's worked for you too. Please ask Erin for my email address, and we can talk :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home