Saturday, April 07, 2007

Hamming It Up

Yep, it's that time of year again: ham and chocolate (what a lovely combination). So strange how North Americans somehow manage to make every single holiday we have about food. And then we wonder why we're all fat.

I spent Friday with my mom's big family just outside of Portage la Prairie, and then headed to my parents' place for some hang-out time and a rescreening of 'Little Miss Sunshine.' Today, it was my dad's smaller family near Niverville.

Geoff and I took the evening off from family-slash-Easter stuff and went to the Snow Patrol / OK Go / Silversun Pickups concert at The Burt. Yes, THAT OK Go - the YouTube treadmill guys. It was a fun show... Three honestly great bands (one with a female bass player, which you KNOW I love), and decent seats despite the fact that it was rush seating and we showed up a little late. Oh, and excellent company ;)

Tomorrow begins *early* with a 45 minute drive to an 8 am soundcheck. Craziness. Can anyone say 'early morning Tim Hortons run'?

For the uninitiated, please see below:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home