Thursday, April 05, 2007

Character(s)

The older I get, the more I appreciate my parents. That may seem like an obvious statement, but it's something that's so real and true in my life.

My parents are kind of cool. Evidence? Last summer, we invited a whole bunch of my friends to join us at the lake for the weekend, and it was so fun - it's maybe a little bit odd to have your parents thrown in there, just hanging out with everyone, nothing out of place at all. People were laughing, pulling pranks, cooking together, going for walks, having heart-to-heart talks... My friends actually seek out my parents to talk to them, to ask their advice, to pray with them. I hear all the time, 'Lindsay, you have the greatest parents.' And I think I might. Right up there, anyway :)

There is so much change in our family right now, and this time is a real test of true character. What I've learned about my parents in the process is that they are incredibly strong - and that they are really living out the things they taught me about being successful.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 07, 2007 10:30 PM, Blogger esther said...

parents are true gifts...i'm so thankful for the strong foundation they started me on too.

happy easter!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home