Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dear Ricola, Love Lindsay

So, I pretty much have the plague and I'm dying. My doctor didn't use EXACTLY those words, but it's what he meant. And it's how I feel. In any case, I'm on antibiotics now, and waiting to feel better soon.

I tried to cheer myself up last night my focusing on people who are less fortunate than I am. TLC had a show on about a family of people who have lobster claw hands. I flipped to that channel, thinking that I was definitely better off than people with lobster claw hands. But it turned out that they were pretty happy and fully functional, so I ended up feeling worse than ever when I realized that I was worse off than the lobster claw family.

I feel more human today, but I'm coughing and really annoying my co-workers. I ran out at lunchtime to pick up a cough suppressant so that they'd like me again, but it's not suppressing my cough. At all. In fact, I think I'm coughing MORE than I was this morning. And now I smell like menthol. So I went online and wrote a letter of complaint to Ricola about their lousy product. That made me feel a little better. But it didn't cure my cough.

So, we're pretty much gearing up for the sexiest Valentine's Day ever - with my puffy, swollen eyes, a very alluring eau de menthol scent, and pausing every few seconds to cough up phlegm :)

L

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! Not to rain on your parade (guess that can't happen in Manitoba these days) ...anyway....my Valentine coughed for 2 weeks!!! SO...don't get too discouraged till you've coughed your lungs out for 10 days or more - at least that's the "plague" that has hit Steinbach.

mdw

 
At February 13, 2007 11:35 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Margaret! I've never known you to have such a mean streak!
(I'm kidding, of course... ;)

Here's hoping that God will reward me for staying clear of Steinbach for the past year and a half, and give me some kind of mild, friendly city bug. That can be easily killed off by lots and lots of antibiotic chemicals.

L

 
At February 14, 2007 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt it...I think the Steinbach strain has found it's way down Hwy #12 and then it managed to grab a ride on a Loewen truck to Winnipeg!! hehehehe

mdw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home