Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend Update

I ended up hanging out with my mom on Friday while I was off sick. She had an admin day (stupid people who work in education). We watched 'The Family Stone' again, sat in their hot tub, flipped through travel books for Greece, and I popped pills like a crazy person whose sole purpose in life is to get healthy again.

On Saturday, Geoff and I joined Aaron, Cait, and a few friends for the screening of the LIA winners at the Art Gallery. There's something brilliant about watching an hour and a half of great commercials. And there were some great ones... I was particularly amused by the spot for the International Panda Rescue Organization.

And yesterday afternoon, Alison hosted a shower for Mel and baby Malakai. It was fun to see some people I don't usually get a chance to hang out with, and - like any good girl party - there was a ton of great food.

Last night at young adults, Kris lead a discussion on the topic of love. I've been thinking about it all day... When you realize that your whole purpose on this earth is to love, everything kind of gets put into perspective, doesn't it? Overwhelming, because it doesn't feel like our world is full of love - just watching the news this morning got me sad again. I don't have any answers. But when I was walking to work this morning, a car braked at a green light to let me cross the street so that I didn't have to wait any extra time in the cold.

So maybe there's some love left after all. It's not extravagant or flashy or even very obvious. But sometimes that's what makes it so beautiful.

L

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home