Thursday, November 09, 2006

Gym Bunnies and Pursuit of Contentedness

So I am officially one of Them. I know, I know. More specifics, Lindsay.

This week, I joined Curves. It was a pretty major step for me because, in my mind, Curves is associated with middle-age and obesity. But so many of my friends and acquaintances have loved it, so I figured I should at least investigate it. I've been twice now, and the people there are actually really NORMAL... Youngish, for the most part. And no morbid obesity in sight. Actually, most of them looked like me. And everyone was lacking that awful gym-bunny snobbery, which made me happy.

The first time I went was in the evening, and I was pretty tired. This morning, I tried going at 7 am - and it was awesome. It's so close to my house, and it wasn't really that difficult to throw on some sweats, put my hair in a ponytail, and get out the door (no need to look very gym-bunny when it's only Curves). I had plenty of time to come home, shower, and get ready for work. Kind of perfect, actually.

I just need to overcome the psychological barrier of being a girl who goes to Curves.

L

1 Comments:

At November 09, 2006 4:27 PM, Blogger ka said...

In a twist of irony, the girl who manages Curves out here is SO gym bunny looking that I can't help but laugh. She definitely dispells the myth about the fat middle-aged woman.

Actually, she probably completely discourages her, too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home