Monday, November 06, 2006

Poor Caitlin

Had a couple of really great things happen this weekend that I feel a
compulsive need to share with my little blog world (something to add
to my 'talk about when I find a new therapist' list).

The first thing may not sound like a big deal to many of you, but for
those of you in my situation - this is pretty major. I found a cute
laptop bag. That I love. That only cost $50. Amazing. I was so sick
of those nasty generic black bags (that weigh a hundred pounds BEFORE
you put your computer inside), and the only super-cute ones were
unjustifiably expensive. Anja and I were in Billabong this weekend,
and I found IT. I was so happy. I'm still so happy. It apparently
takes very little.

On Saturday night, Aaron and Cait came over for chinese take-out and movies. We watched Best of SNL Commercial Parodies and Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story (the Rob Corddry paintball mockumentary - 'second place is first place for losers'). We laughed so much. First the *classic* SNL commercials, including the lower back tattoo remover, mom jeans, and bass shakes. Then came the moment that Cait and I will try to forget... There's a scene in Blackballed where a novice paintball player who's a hardcore video game nerd is huddled behind a bunker, terrified. He shuts his eyes and starts screaming these random nonsense words... Well, what Cait and I THOUGHT were random nonsense words. But those random nonsense words caused Aaron to laugh out loud - louder than I think I've ever heard him laugh. Turns out the nerd in the movie was screaming out a video game cheat code to add bonus lives. And the fact that Aaron caught on immediately pretty much makes him the biggest geek I know.

Poor Caitlin.

L

2 Comments:

At November 06, 2006 10:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

lol, this post made me laugh. It's great you found a stylish laptop bag, it seems so many of the stylish ones usually only come in the one style: black leather. How boring. I mean albeit black leather has it's place...but not as a laptop bag. Anywyas, cheers on finding a great bag. ciao!

 
At November 07, 2006 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A

??? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home