Thursday, August 03, 2006

Unfaithful

Confession time. I've been unfaithful. To two men. I'm ashamed, but my traitorous deed is just too sweet to give up, too much to resist... You could almost say I've become addicted to the feelings this new love has awakened in me. Its name: Chocolate Banana gelato.

Sorry, Ben & Jerry. You'll find another nice girl who will love you more than I ever could.

A bunch of us met up last night and decided to walk for gelato near the Esplanade Riel - about a 20-minute walk from my place, in the heart of St. Boniface (the French quarter, for those of you non-Winnipeggers) and across the river from The Forks. Our route brings us up Tache, and then back down near the river, past the old cathedral. This area is one of my favourite parts of our city, and one of my very favourite things about living where I do. I'll have to bring my camera along next time so I can share it with you.

There were dark clouds when we left my house (and Environment Canada called for a 30% chance of a thundershower) but we decided to walk anyway. Well, more like LINDSAY decided that we would walk anyway. And wouldn't you know it, it started to drizzle about 15 minutes before we got back. I didn't care - it was fun, actually. Emily was not so enthusiastic about the possibility of wet hair. And even less enthusiastic when her hair actually got wet :)

L

My brother Aaron's pic of the Esplanade Riel

1 Comments:

At August 05, 2006 7:45 PM, Blogger Harold Bareng said...

Unfaithful?? No, that's when you break out those three magical words: Mangez-a-trois.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home