Monday, July 24, 2006

Sunshine

Let's see... We're going to do this backwards. Weekend first, then Friday comments. See? I'm CRAZY. I'm living on the edge, playing around with 'traditional' chronological event sequencing. Watch out, world... This chick's unpredictable!

I actually had a really fun weekend. I went fishing and survived (and even touched a minnow). I peed exclusively in outhouses and bushes and survived. I didn't wear make-up for two days and survived. I burned my shoulders and chest, and based on how they look and feel today, I might not survive. I'd say I lost about 10% of my prissiness in one fell swoop. And I was still crooning off-key Madonna classics into a karaoke machine as the sun was coming up at 5 am yesterday. Ugh. I am absolutely without question too old for such fun. It's so cool to have co-workers you actually enjoy hanging out with. I'm so lucky.

On Friday, Geoff came to meet me for lunch and we decided on a cafe right at Old Market Square. It was the beginning of the Fringe Festival, so there was a crowd of people and lots of entertainment - one of the very best things about Winnipeg. Remember my 'moment' in winter, walking to the office early in the morning, when I was just realizing how much I loved my little corner of the world? Yep, this was the summer version. As we were sitting there, I just realized how utterly content I am right now.

It seems like I've been fighting through lots of stressful moments and situations lately, but Friday felt like a new chapter. And then I got to go away for the weekend and worry about absolutely nothing other than having fun. I'm physically tired from the weekend's roster of miscellaneous adventures, but I'm mentally refreshed - and you can't put a price tag on that.

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home