Wednesday, July 26, 2006

And So It Begins

Ugh. I had my first encounter with One Of Them yesterday: someone who's concerned about 'how I'm doing' with Jessica's engagement. I laughed so hard... They talk about this like it's some big traumatic thing that's going to put me into therapy instead of something that I'm really happy and excited about.

We'll say this once and then close the book, because it's ridiculous:
I chose career first. She's choosing marriage first. I know she's proud of me and what I'm doing with my life. And I'm sure as heck proud of her.

Dress shopping begins next week... Woo hoo! Shopping! For pretty things! And thankfully, Jess has amazing taste so this won't turn into a bridesmaid horror story. Her preliminary ideas are gorgeous.

I am SUCH a girl :)

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home