Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hot Hot Hot

So here I go about the news again...

Watching NewsNet this morning, one of today's top stories is the searing heat in the U.S. I was thinking, gosh, it must be HOT there - because, of course, the temps were all given in fahrenheit and I'm a child of the Metric era. Later in the broadcast, during the Canadian weather segment, they offered conversions of what the Ontario and Quebec temps yesterday would be when converted to fahrenheit. Guess what... Hotter than anything they reported on in the U.S.

So must I ask it? Why is another country's heat wave (which is still cooler than our own temps) a lead story on our national news?

L

PS - Nothing big goin' on last night. Came home from work late, ordered dinner (too tired to cook), waited AN HOUR AND A HALF for my Chinese to arrive, ate some of it, then Bethany and I went for a walk in search of Dairy Queen frozen hot chocolate. After that, I may or may not have watched some of The OC season two :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home