Monday, August 28, 2006

I Heart Jon

Not sure how I forgot to talk about this...

The Emmy awards were on last night. If you know me, you probably know that I'm an awards show junkie. I'm that girl who will actually sit there and watch the entire telecast with popcorn and Diet Coke, pausing for bathroom breaks only during commericals (or tributes to really old people, no offense to Dick Clark). We're going to choose to blame this mild obsession on my theatre degree (though that doesn't explain my fascination with the Grammies). It's one of those things about Lindsay that I take full responsibility for. Like my need for perfectly manicured nails or my love of really high heels, it's something I know my mother didn't program into me.

Anyway. I digress.

Jon Stewart and The Daily Show crew won a couple of awards last night, much to my delight. And guess what... No wife. And no mention of The Wife in his acceptance speech. In not a fan of divorce and I'm not a homewrecker, but my little heart started thumping... It's not homewrecking if the home is already wrecked, is it? Geoff has tickets for when he's in NYC in November. Think I can convince him to deliver a message for me? :)

'Hey, Jon. Um, my girlfriend is totally in love with you. Would you consider divorcing your wife and marrying her? It would make her happier than I ever could. Thanks, man.'

In honour of last night's show, a few random collected thoughts for you to enjoy and then use against me.

Top 5 Shows I Really Wish I Didn't Enjoy
1. The O.C. (because it's just plain embarrassing)
2. The Bachelor (because it's SO anti-feminist)
3. Rock Star: Supernova (because it's a reality show)
4. The O.C. (yep, embarrassing enough to mention twice)
5. Video on Trial (whatever, I'll bet lots of people watch it)

Lindsay's Top 10 Shows of All Time
1. ER (before George Clooney [and everyone else] left)
2. Alias (classically bad... which made it so very good)
3. The Daily Show (don't make me state the obvious)
4. Pinky & The Brain (mice trying to take over the world!)
5. Felicity (because we totally grew up together)
6. Law & Order (original and SVU, the rest can die)
7. Inspector Gadget (my early fascination with spies)
8. Family Guy (Stewie! just so ridiculously funny to me)
9. Ally McBeal (don't even know where to start)
10. Seinfeld (you couldn't possibly think I'd forget...)

L

3 Comments:

At August 28, 2006 1:44 PM, Blogger ka said...

It's okay, Linds. The O.C. is a cult obsession. And you're not in the cult alone (I actually own the dvds - which the boy bought for me for Christmas last year :).

 
At August 28, 2006 3:20 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Aw, thanks! I feel a little less ashamed. I don't own the DVDs, but I borrow them from Jessica. A lot.

(Oops! Sorry, Jess - I just outed you :)

L

 
At August 30, 2006 1:33 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

So it was pointed out to me (very correctly) that I forgot 'The Office.' And so I officially submit my list of Top 11, because I don't know which other one to take off.

My apologies to Dwight, Pam, Jim, and the gang.

L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home