Thursday, August 24, 2006

Are you sure it's not April 1?

Egad. Just when you think reality television has sunk to its lowest possible level... Survivor announces that it has divided its new contestants into tribes based on - hold on to your hats, kids - RACE. For the first half of the new series this fall, there will be four teams of five members: the White Team, the Hispanic Team, the African-American Team, and the Asian-American Team.

At risk of sounding OBVIOUS... What were they thinking?!

But don't take my word for it. Read the very funny Washington Post article.

And now you're telling me that Pluto might not even be a planet??? I know it's a planet. I know it's a planet because I spent at least 10 minutes painting little balls of clay to create my assigned part of a tiny scale model of the Solar System in Grade 6 (while others wrestled with papier mache and a giant beach ball). All of a sudden, Miss Ritchie is going to call and tell me I didn't graduate after all, because my Grade 6 science project on Pluto is no longer valid.

They were right. It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

L

PS - In totally unrelated media news, Dwell is undergoing a major shake-up including editor Allison Arieff's abrupt departure yesterday. Don't mess with my magazine, people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home