Monday, June 12, 2006

Goin' to Montreal

Tickets are booked... Going to Montreal! Em and I are leaving on June 30 and returning on July 7, when we'll haul ass (sorry Mom) up to Winnipegosis to work on a volunteer project there with the Young Adults for the weekend. We found some great flights - and even scored a direct flight home. Not that I don't LOVE killing time in the Toronto airport but... well... I don't :)

My weekend was relaxing - exactly what I needed. I'm becoming more and more convinced that I'm fighting off a sinus infection. Ew. Anyway. Jessica and Jenni-Lynn came over on Friday night and we vegged and watched a movie. On Saturday, I made a cameo at the Niverville Fair for just long enough to watch Wayne and friends come in second in the talent competition for their dance number. (Wayne, if you're reading this, you can shave now - okay? :) Then I went to a bonfire at Greg & Kathy's. Yesterday, I did NOTHING. It was amazing. Bethany and Steph were around for most of the day, I did laundry, I read an entire book... It was GREAT.

On Saturday afternoon, I was looking out my window and I noticed an odd couple walking up the street: an 80 year old woman and a 20 year old guy. They sat down on the bench on the boulevard outside my house (another odd thing, but we'll save it for another time). He was essentially ignoring her, sitting with his back almost completely toward her. After a couple of minutes, she got up, took out a camera from her purse, and started taking pictures of him sitting on the bench. It was SO STRANGE. I got up to answer the phone and when I got back, they were gone. But I had fun for about another hour, imagining all the possible scenarios... Who am I kidding. I'm still having fun.

L

PS - Lindsay's pick of the week for Best Car Dancing Song: Dani California. Try it. I mean, really try it - none of that wimpy head-and-finger dancing. You'll love it. I promise.

PPS - Pics from Greg & Kathy's on Saturday night. Chapter 109, in which Emily learns to chop firewood. Um, whose idea was this???(!)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home