Monday, May 29, 2006

Weekend Update (no Tina Fey, sorry)

Crazy weekend! It all began, of course, with Girls Night on Friday where I was somehow peer pressured into having my toes painted pink with white polka-dots. They're growing on me... I still don't think I'm really fun enough to really pull off this look.

I'm reminded of a 'Friends' episode where Monica is trying to convince everyone that she's fun, and Chandler agrees that she's very fun... at organized indoor activities. Which proves two things:
1. That my friends are right, and I am in fact some bizarre cross-breed of Monica and Rachel.
2. That there is in fact a 'Seinfeld' or a 'Friends' episode to illustrate every possible life event or moment.

On Saturday, I accompanied my mom to Falk Nurseries where we picked out some gorgeous flowers (and said hi to Emily). Then we went to hear Jessica, Mandy, and Jon at a concert in Niverville - they sounded amazing! I was so ridiculously proud of my family and their musical abilities. They clean up pretty nicely too :)

Yesterday morning was one of the most memorable church services I can recall... About five minutes before we were scheduled to begin, the hydro went out. After ten minutes of running around and making sure everyone was safe, we decided to go ahead with church and my band led worship, unplugged. It was incredible. It was so cool to sing and to be able to hear everyone's voices from the congregation like that, singing from memory, and for us to be singing in the dark - knowing that you're surrounded by people but worshipping so privately. The power came back on just in time for the team that just returned from a volunteer project in Guatemala to share and show their pictures. It was perfect.

And then last night, we had our Young Adults wind-up BBQ. Everyone came out to my parents' place and we had a totally informal evening, just hanging out. Unbelievably, the weather cooperated and it turned out to be a beautiful evening.

L

Some pics from our BBQ...


Marie-Eve, Alicia, and Kathy chillin' by the fire


Hungry people


Jessica looking very focused on her food, and Jenni-Lynn looking... pensive


My dad supervises as Rebecca learns how to cut firewood with power tools - um, whose idea was this???!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home