Thursday, June 01, 2006

Musing (mostly about shoes)

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Bethany who was brave enough to let me shove her into a fitting room at Winners last night with armloads of girly clothes :)

I managed to remain disciplined and did not purchase the amazing pink shoes I found... Sigh. It's like buyers remorse in reverse. I really feel that maybe God wanted me to have them.

And speaking of God... I went to a great church meeting on Tuesday night. (That was NOT a typo. It was actually a great church meeting.) I went home so excited. It was so encouraging to see how people from all over the church were really connecting and communicating with each other. I love the idea of refocusing: worrying less about 'church' and worrying more about loving people where they're at and caring for our community. That's the way Jesus did it. It's so funny that this is seen as a revolutionary, emerging idea - because it was modeled for us pretty effectively 2,000 years ago. I think it's the way we were supposed to be doing church in the first place.

And now back to shoes... I'm wearing my Superfox Black Heels today. I feel like a million bucks in them, but... highly impractical footwear. So glad I brought flip-flops for the walk to my car after work!

L

1 Comments:

At June 13, 2006 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i consider shoes completely unnecessary.

but im glad you derive some enjoyment from them.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home