Thursday, March 23, 2006

Letters & Numbers

So I was thinking about professional accreditations today (that's another story for another time), specifically in the areas of accounting - y'know, the CGA, CMA, CFA. Lots of letters for a bunch of numbers people, if you ask me.

Anyway, I digress. My point is this: thinking about 'financial people,' I've dated two now (three, if you count the fact that I recycled one of them). Damn, you're right. I recycled both of them. But we'll count the recycles as .5 each and call it three. And both - um, I mean ALL - were total disasters. And for the same reasons.

Now, at what point do I swear off all men in the financial/accounting industry? Once bitten, twice shy didn't really work for me. Apparently, I just come back for more.

Can you judge a man by his profession? And - more concerningly - do people judge me based on mine? People in 'creative' professions don't exactly have a stellar reputation when it comes to relationships.

Which brings us to the old theory of X and Y, apples and oranges. Do opposites attract (as my history of recycling might suggest)? Or are we simply to different to survive?

And shouldn't writers get numerical designations to put after our names on our fancy little business cards?

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home