Friday, March 10, 2006

Sigh of relief

Ah. Painkillers that work. And aren't making me insane.

This morning/early afternoon was rough - I don't know if it was a reaction to the meds, some post-surgery trauma, or what, but I was seriously ill earlier today. I couldn't keep food (or meds) down, I was fainting... Not fun at all.

Feeling so much better tonight. I actually feel a little bit hopeful that I might actually return to normal someday. Stopped by the office this afternoon to pick up some stuff to work on if I feel better this weekend, and the boys did a pretty good job of laughing at my face. In some strange way, it was actually exactly what I needed.

This is not a big deal. This is not permanent. I will look human again soon. For now... I'm going to go have some more of the amazing sugar-free chocolate ice cream my mom found for me this week. Amazing. With some tiny chopped-up banana pieces that I can suck through my teeth, it tastes almost exactly like the chocolate banana pie at Baked Expectations... Mmm... I can almost forget that I currently resemble Frankenstein's monster.

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home