Friday, March 10, 2006

A guide to pain management








Lindsay. Needs. More. Drugs. I got ahold of my surgeon's office this morning, and they're calling in a prescription for some new painkillers - ones that hopefully won't make me itch. I'm working on finding someone to pick them up for me, and QUICKLY because I'm only taking one T3 at a time right now so that I don't scratch all my skin off. And one T3 is a joke. It doesn't come close to dealing with the pain.

Argh. Trying to think happy thoughts. I actually got desperate enough to haul out the cassette I used to hand out at the classes I taught for The Arthritis Society - pain management through guided imagery techniques. I didn't feel calm and painfree as I took an afternoon stroll through the countryside in the warm, gentle sun... In fact, I felt like smashing the bloody stereo into tiny, tiny pieces. And then using those pieces to inflict some sort of jaw injury on the lady from the cassette. Then let's hear her talk about being calm and painfree.

L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home