Thursday, March 09, 2006

The power of positive thinking (and other lies your therapist told you)

Of all the annoying things to have a reaction to... Codeine. Sweet nectar of the surgical gods, how you mock me!

Blech. I'm all itchy and miserable. And I'm sitting here trying to find the silver lining... Positive thinking, Lindsay!

Here's what I've come up with so far (feel free to help me out here):
  1. At least I'm not starving. There are kids in Africa who'd be happy to half-slurp, half-dribble mushy liquified food.
  2. At least the other side of my face isn't swollen.
  3. At least I didn't miss Maury makeovers on tv this morning. (Mostly kidding about that one... I fell asleep on the couch, and that's what was on when I woke up. I giggled at it for a while before I fell asleep again.)
  4. Maybe if I scratch off the entire first layer of my skin, the scale will show that I've lost 5 pounds.
  5. Oh, forget it. I'm going to give myself another ten minutes to feel sorry for myself. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. Then I'm going to bed. And I'll be happy in the morning.

L

PS - Swelling update. Starting to suspect that maybe I was born with the cells of a teeny, tiny twin sister implanted inside my jaw bone. And when they opened it up yesterday, she breathed in her first taste of oxygen and her air-starved bones soaked up as much as they could and began to grow rapidly, making up for lost time... By next week, she'll be copying my haircut and we'll be fighting over my favourite black boots.

1 Comments:

At March 10, 2006 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reaction to codeine - what fun! I can empathize with the "itchy" part of the reaction. Yes...the surgical gods are definitely NOT on your side....but the rest of us are!

I feel sorry for your teeny tiny twin sister....she doesn't stand a chance winning against you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home