Wednesday, December 08, 2010

No Clever Title

(I'll finish this up later. Just want to get it down a little before I start adding new memories today!)

Went to the Met. Had my mind blown by so many things... Saw a bunch of paintings that literally brought me to tears. Saw everything from medieval armour to Egyptian mummies to ancient Greek and Roman artifacts (some from places we've actually been) - and got to walk inside of a pyramid tomb that's been reconstructed inside the museum. Crazy. Can't decide if I love the Met or the British Museum more, I just LOVE THEM and wish I had another week just to spend inside checking it all out and soaking it all in.

Travelled down to Rockefeller Center - saw a bunch of ridiculous stores and places along the way. Walked around the skating rink. Checked out the ginormous Christmas tree. Just generally had my moment of just being there and soaking it in because I've wanted to see this in real life for a long, long time.

Did Top of the Rock where we went up to the very top of the building and saw a great view of the city - including Central Park (which, even though everyone tells you how BIG it is, is still SO MUCH BIGGER than I realized) and the hotel where John Lennon died 30 years ago TODAY. Random.

Went to MOMA. Cried a bunch more times over a bunch more paintings. Cried again just a little bit when I realized that we'd seen both paintings from Olivia (Briony's favourite book) today - I MISS HER. Can't decide if I loved MOMA or the Tate Modern in London more, I just LOVE THEM.

Saw a taping of Jimmy Fallon. The schedule changed, so we saw Amy Adams, 'The Situation' from Jersey Shore, and a comedian - Adam Ferara. Didn't win the awesome holiday sweater giveaway, but definitely ended up on TV because we were sitting two rows behind the girl who did. Didn't get to high-five Jimmy either, but it was a super fun experience. The Roots were so incredible... They totally make that show. And the little private concert you get before, during, and after the taping is awesome.

Walked over to Broadway and stopped for a snack along the way - some street meat for Geoff and a cupcake from Magnolia Bakery for Lindsay. Mmm, CUPCAKE. It wasn't the 'correct' location of the bakery from its moment in Sex and the City, but it was the same cupcakes and they were pretty delicious.

Saw 'Promises, Promises' - with Kristin Chenoweth + Sean Hayes. Molly Shannon plays a supporting character but was out tonight - too bad because you could 100% tell which was 'her' part and it would have been hilarious. Anyway. The leads were both in, and they were better than I'd even hoped they'd be. To see him do his physical comedy thing live... And to HEAR HER SING live... You guessed it. I totally cried again. And you would have too, if you'd been the one sitting in the darkened Broadway Theater, watching and listening to Kristin Chenoweth sing 'A House is Still a House'... GOOSEBUMPS. The other highlight for me was 'I Say a Little Prayer for You' - it's just perfect for her. Anyway. The play was amazing, amazing, amazing. I know we're seeing WICKED tomorrow, but it has a heck of a lot to live up to now.

Last stop was some quick and dirty late night pizza + pasta at Otto - another Mario Batali place. I don't know if it was all the food, or the super late hour, or the drink I had while we were waiting, but I demolished my pizza and it was SO GOOD.

Almost as good as it felt to TAKE MY SHOES OFF and crash into bed.


















*Should note quickly that the schedule changed and we didn't see Ben Affleck today... It was Amy Adams, 'The Situation' from Jersey Shore, and Adam Ferara on Jimmy Fallon. It was a great show! But I would REALLY like to know how THE SITUATION published a book before I did...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 09, 2010 7:18 AM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

I'm sorry, I'm out of touch but, 'The Situation' is a person? Not, in fact, as one might suppose, a Situation? I'm so confused ...

 
At December 09, 2010 7:40 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, I'm with you... He's from the Jersey Shore show. I knew that, but I've never watched even a millisecond of it - I just know he's kind of a giant douche. With abs. And a signature fist-pump dance move. And he kind of was (a douche, that is). When they were announcing to the audience before the show who the guests were, and everyone went nuts for Amy Adams and then about two people went nuts for him. When they announced he was promoting a book, there was hysterical laughter... Whatever. He's having his five seconds of fame and we'll joke about this for a loooong time.

 
At December 09, 2010 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having such a dream time!!! Have you been to Tiffany's yet? I am so enjoying reading about all your fun activities. I am living vicariously through you right now! Thank you! Have a great day!

Andrea

 
At December 09, 2010 11:33 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Loving your blog Lindsay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home