Thursday, November 11, 2010

Doing Our Best

This has been one of the hardest weeks I’ve had in a while.

I’m not even sure why. We started out with such wonderful intentions. But work EXPLODED for me this week - to the point where I cried about it. Kind of a lot. And then Briony’s been higher maintenance than usual. And then I flared up to the point where walking became incredibly difficult. And then Geoff’s recovery kind of took a baby step back in terms of pain. And then I got sick - real, old fashioned cold + flu sick.

Oh, and did I mention that this weekend is Briony’s birthday party AND Geoff’s birthday? OF COURSE IT IS.

I’m not really proud to admit that I crumbled. The other day just before dinner time, I ended up in bed in the dark, sobbing and seriously considering never getting out of bed again.

But I did.

And we’re doing our best over here. Fortunately, our incredible friends and family have stepped up and helped ‘our best’ be more than enough this week. My mom came and did laundry, a few people surprised us with food, and Emily took me grocery shopping last night (and even unpacked it all into my fridge + cupboards when we got home).

Briony’s party - and our modest little birthday celebration for Geoff - won’t be *quite* everything I hoped and dreamed they would be. The house isn’t going to be as clean as I’d like it to be. And that’s okay. I’m looking forward to this weekend, and celebrating the two people in this world who took me from ‘just me’ to a full-on little family - and make every day totally worth getting out of bed for.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 11, 2010 7:41 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Hope the celebrations make up for the 'down time'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home