Thursday, November 04, 2010

Random Kindness

What a gong show week.

I'm up to my eyeballs in work projects and we're slowly getting used to life without Libby again. We're managing. I'm just EXHAUSTED from all the juggling - and praying that I'll be able to make this weekend a real, work-free weekend so that I'm ready to tackle an even crazier week next week.

This morning, I skipped MOMs group (BOO) to work and try to fend off a flare-up, then made lunch and rushed off to an afternoon of meetings at the office. I stopped at Starbucks to quarantine myself for 90 minutes in hope of hitting a few deadlines today before I need to go home and manage dinner, family time, and bedtime.

I made it to the front of the line and barely had my order out of my mouth - a Gingerbread Latte and Cranberry Bliss Bar - when I realized that I had left my wallet at home. No one had even marked my drink on the cup yet, so I quickly explained the situation and said I'd run home and come back. The barista (not the one from the other day) looked at me and said, 'Don't worry about it. I hate when that happens to me. No charge. If you really want to, you can pay for it next time. Or just leave a good tip when you stop by again.' And without another word, he made my latte and grabbed my snack from the case, handing it to me with a smile and a wish for a good day.

I'm sitting here now, trying to work, and trying even harder not to cry. What a simple little act of kindness in a crazy busy day.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At November 04, 2010 4:46 PM, Blogger Jobina said...

I love it.

 
At November 04, 2010 6:02 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

WOW - a special Starbucks place:)

 
At November 04, 2010 7:49 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

Aww... I love random kindness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home